PART A - GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SCHEME
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in our town & village centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme will be administered through Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
This scheme is administered by Galway County Council in partnership with Fáilte Ireland.
1. Who is Eligible?
- The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises.
- The scheme is now extended to provide a level of financial support to pubs that do not serve food to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and increase their serving capacity.
- Those premises that have no commercial rates due in respect of premises have been paid for the period up to 31st December 2019 or a payment plan is in place with the Local Authority
2. What Items are considered eligible for the scheme.
- Umbrellas - (awnings/canopies attached to buildings on public spaces require section 254 licence.
- Electric heaters
- Plant stands
- Wooden Platforms
Applicants must submit receipts and photographs of the furniture in situ.
If the outdoor furniture is to be located on a public road/footpath, a Section 254 Licence is required. For any queries in relation to Section 254 licences please contact email@example.com
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Galway County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Galway County Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
- Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
- Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
- Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
- All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
- Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
- No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Galway County Council.
3. Amount of Grant Available
Once the grant application has been evaluated and eligibility criteria has been met; the applicant could potentially be awarded 75% ex VAT costs of the total eligible items that the applicant wishes to apply for up to a maximum of €4,000.
How will the grant be paid?
The grant will be paid via electronic transfer from the Local Authority to the business bank account of the applicant. Further information will be required at the draw down stage of the grant and this will be outlined in the letter of offer to successful applicants.
5. Applications for Funding Timeline
The scheme will be open from the 12/4/2021 for applications. Applicants will apply through their relevant Local Authority.
Galway County Council is making an addendum to the guidelines for The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism and Hospitality Business. In recognition of the global demand for outdoor seating and accessories in some instances suppliers are unable to complete orders until January 2022. In these ‘exceptional circumstances’ applicants can still apply under the scheme and will receive their grants once goods are delivered and they can provide proof of delivery and in-situ. Applicants need to apply for the scheme prior to the closing date (8th October 2021) enclosing the quotes for goods, delivery dates from the suppliers and will still need to be compliant with all regulatory and planning requirements. Please note the closing date has been extended to the 8th October 2021.
Expenditure must be incurred between 1st April 2020 and 8th October 2021 unless agreed otherwise with the Local Authority, payment will be made by Local Authorities to approved applicants on submission of receipts and photography of furniture in situ.
6. Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their Application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant. Galway County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.