Building a Craft and Design Enterprise (BCDE) programme.
A Design Crafts Council Ireland (DCCI) and National Local Enterprise Office (LEO) initiative supporting the Craft and Design sector.
Are you an ambitious craftworker or designer looking to inject fresh new ideas and more structure into your enterprise? Do you believe you need to work smarter to better develop a sustainable business in a changing world?
The BCDE programme could be exactly what you need to recognize opportunities, boost your work in the marketplace through focused design-led workshops. Since 2015 almost 400 talented craft and design enterprises, from all over Ireland, have become part of the BCDE family. Graduates of the programme have gone on to heighten their profile, increase their market share, explore new markets, and significantly improved online presence. The programme has always been adaptable to the needs and disciplines of participants while recognising ongoing changes in the marketplace. In 2020 the programme(s) were a much-needed support and help to designers while navigating unprecedented challenges during the pandemic.
Graduates of the Building a Craft and Design Enterprise BCDE 2021 programme will have:
• The tools to self-audit and future plan
• Understand current market and design trends
• Develop a leaner business model
• The ability to recognise and respond to current opportunities in the market
• Be stimulated to enhance design and product presentation
• Brand product effectively.
• Improve the quality and effectiveness of online activity
• Cost and promote your product in the marketplace
• Peer and network support during and post-graduation
• 8 days training
• Bespoke 1-2-1 mentoring sessions